This is session number 014 of the Influence Psychology and Persuasion podcast. This show is something that has been showing up lots of the last few months. It seems people all over are all talking of Fixed vs Growth mindsets. But whats the deal, why now, and is this really important? Well, in this show I hope you'll find out.
Definition of Fixed and Growth Mindsets
First and foremost, is important to understand that this topic of fixed and growth mindset stems from lots of studies carried out by Prof of psychology from Stanford University Dr Carol Dweck. I'm simply relaying my learnings from this and how I can, and others around me have applied some of these learnings.
The takeaways to create a growth mindset
- Embrace challenges. Challenges something you initially find difficult, this means you're about to learn and discover something new.
- Be persistent when you're faced with setbacks and even failures. Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn either way being persistent gives you what you need.
- Effort is your path to mastering a growth mindset.
- Learn from criticisms. Be careful not to simply accept them all verbatim but certainly, look at adopting an understanding what's being said.
- Find inspiration from others that have succeeded where you want to. Finding out their path will break down some old self-limiting beliefs to what's possible and what's necessary to achieve.